THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Last try with the 40's in the .204 SavageVLP!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Last try with the 40's in the .204 SavageVLP!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Clayman, First off let me WELCOME you to the forum! Now about the 40's and my .204, I don't know the reason I had such a bad experience with the 40's. 5 powders and several different test sessions and these same test sessions included great groups shot with the 32's. The way the rifle shoots the 28.3 grain load of H4895 and the Federal 205 match primers, I'll just stick with them for awhile. I haven't tried any of the Bergers yet in any weight. Maybe I'll get around to that soon. Hopefully I'll get to take the .204 to a super varmint location this Saturday.....a place where the 200-400 yard shots will be plentiful and the 600-1000 yarders will also be plentiful for the bigger varmint busters! I just picked up some of the 20 grain 17HMR loads and hopefully will test them tomorrow and pop a groundhog or two with them to test the "expansion capabilities"(one of my favorite reasons to buy different bullets) of this new loading! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD were did you get the 20 gr 17's ?
I have been looking for some
Thanks Lightning93

Posts: 69 | Location: New York | Registered: 13 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lightning, I was in Pennsylvania on business this week and when all the other DSM's went to play golf, I said, Golf hell!!! I'm gonna kill something!!!" Not much hay mowed on the farms where I had a chance to go so went to visit a few gunshops! Found the 20 grain Hornady's at KINSEY's OUTDOORS just off 283 at Mt. Joy, PA. Mt Joy is not to far from Intercourse or Blue Ball, PA!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote