Find
Notify
Tools

Incredible V-Max !
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted
I must say that I’m thrilled with the accuracy I’m getting with the 50 gr. Hornady V-Max out of my Sako Varmint .223
I tried some new loads on a windy and rainy day ! This bullet is without a doubt the most accurate bullet I have tried so far...

Here are 6 shots at 100m (110 yards).

And here are 5 shots at 200m (220 yards).

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot the 75gr V-Max in my 250 AI and get very similar groups at 100 yds. It also shoots minute-of-water bottle at 200yds.
You have apparently found "THE" load for your 223!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
50gr V-Max in my 222rem are amazing. Consistently around .4" at 100m.

I shot a .7" group at 175m a few weeks ago. Best group I have ever shot.

Don't ask me to do it again...

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! thumb

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The VMAX'S are exceptional, mass produced bullets! Makes no difference if they are in .204 or .308!! A myriad of choices!! Accuracy is there and end result is there! HORNADY is to be applauded for the VMAX design! Go on to the "AMAX"...........accuracy is extroadinaire(sp) end results on game..............same deal!! Even using 140AMAX's from a 260 Rem at shorter distances(300 yards) results in DEVASTATING results(guts spilled, openened up from "asshole to earbone" and the distinct, "THUD" when the bullet hits home! Hornady produces to this day the epitome of "killing bullets"! after 30+ years of ballistic testing and plinking, HORNADY is the first choice if it's BLOOD AND GUTS with combined accuracy you are wanting to acheive! Sierra..............ACCURRACY!! Speer.......a combo pretty darn good.............HORNADY.................Best of both worlds!! Accurracy and killing ability!!GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ingvar,

Outstanding shooting!!!!
Those are excellent groups that I would be proud to shoot, any day.

Incidentally, I have been shooting quarter bore rifles a lot, and have never been able to get any 75 grain bullet to shoot well. But, that just changed two days ago. Shooting my 250 AI, with 75 grain V-Max bullets made a believer out of me that I could get excellent accuracy with them. Three shots at 100 yards grouped 3/8", using a 20x scope that I use for developing loads.. I'm in love.... jumping

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I experience the same type accuracy from 75 grain V-Max @ 3700 fps from a 25 wssm.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Tikka M595 .223rem, 52 Grain A-MAX, 24.8 Grains Vit N 133, PB zeroed 200 Metres, No more Fox! Every time, Ad infinitum! Cool

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i also am using norma s v max in my .270 110 gr one hole groups. i had a high heck shot a yearling sika monday it almost removed his head

Posts: 60 | Location: south east of ireland | Registered: 17 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The 50 grain VMax is my choice in my 223 and 22.250 and I use the 58 grain VMax in 243 also.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote