THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    What are the prime months for PDs in Montana?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the prime months for PDs in Montana?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to combine trips through the mountain states, and I would like to time it to shoot a few prairie dogs.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
tnekkcc,

You can depend on the pups being out in May. The entire month of June and much of July is good. In eastern Mt it can get very hot in later July and August. Also the towns can be pretty well shot up by then. (I wonder who would do something like that?) Cool

My opinion, May to mid July.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We usually go Memorial weekend and the week before or after. So we have a couple of travel days and about 6 or 7 days shooting. I wouldn’t want to go later. Year before last it got up to 95 one day while we were there. But most days were sunny and about 80. Just the kind of days that gun powder and Hoppe's in the air has that nice smell to it and brings back old memories.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote