New
Find
Notify
Tools

New personal Best
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday I set a new personal best on a woodchuck at 675 yards using my 22 CHeetah MK 1.

We all had a great time killing somehwere between 22 and 25 woodchucks. We lost an exact count after the first 15.

Don [Smile]

Posts: 263 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Great shot Don.......keep stackin' 'em!!!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Groove Bullets: Congratulations on the fine shot! Good for you! Keep after them!
By the way the link to the Groove Bullet site came up blank for me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Thanks, [Smile]

VarmintGuy,

Thanks. We plan on going out again tonight. It is sunny today, which is rare this spring. We have had a really wet spring.

I clicked the link and it worked fine. You may try this http://www.groovebullets.com
The WWW isn't really necessary as it should work either way.

Don [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to shoot guy!! Congratulations!! If it ever quits raining in VA and people get any hay made then we might be able to have a "super day" also! As it is, groundhogs would have to be 5 feet tall to see them! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD,

Thanks, we all had fun.

Do you have any soy bean fields planted down your way? Groudhogs love soy bean plants. Our bean plants are about 2" to 3" high right now and the "chucks" are moving into the bean fields (from the woods) like wildfire.

Good hunting,

Don [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, My end of the state doesn't have many bean fields. Most of the beans are in the eastern side of the state. I don't think even many beans have gotten planted due to the rain either! There are still people who haven't mowed alfalfa the first time yet! Old rule of thumb here is "first cutting in the barn by May 10!!!" The only reason I got my first cutting done was because we made haylage out of it! Didn't have enough dry days to make hay! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD,

I hear ya on the rain. This sure has been one WET Spring. Rained again today [Frown]

We planned on going out again tonight but I don't hunt chucks in the rain. Besides that very few come out when it is pouring down.

Killed 34 so far, not to bad for 2 weeks. Maybe I will have a couple of hours tomorrow night to get out.

Be well,

Don [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don: Works now! Its in my favorite spots now!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Update,

Killed 6 last night, 2 of them with one shot. Killed 4 the night before. Total so far is 47.

Don [Smile]