New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 880SQ rifles
 Login/Join

<squirrel skinner>
posted
does any one have a Marlin 880SQ rifle? how well do they shoot? hows the trigger pull on them?
skinner

posted Hide Post
I really like mine. It shoots very nicely with bulk federal 22LR from Wal mart, and the trigger isn't too bad. Not like my Tikka mind you, but not too bad. For the money they are a great rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got mine when they first became available. It shoots most everything very well. My favorite is the Rem Sub-Sonics. At the range, I shoot at 45cal bullet holes at 40 yards for practice. They just disappear into the holes. The Sub-Sonics are great for squirrel, too. Trigger could be improved, but, I haven't bothered.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had one for about 5 years. Excellent shooter with the right ammo. Trigger needs work. I had a local smith do mine. He went too far and I must be careful closing the bolt. Good shooters for all the more they cost.

Posts: 102 | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Super Rifle.

I've had one for about two years, had a gunsmith lighten the trigger to about three pounds. I put on a trigger stop to eliminate overtravel. Bedded my action and floated the barrel into a Marlin laminate stock.

I think that a company called Rifle Basix now markets an adjustable trigger for the Marlin Bolt Actions. Out of the box from Marlin, the trigger is pretty stiff.

Super accurate with match ammo and darn good with anything else, even the cheap stuff. Just try a bunch of different ones and you'll soon find one or more that your rifle will love.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
When topped with a Monarch 4-12x40 AO, mine is extremely accurate with a variety of ammo, but especially so with WW Power Points, which happen to be my favorite small game load anyway. My trigger broke at 4.05 pounds from the box, but as Marlin triggers often do, this one lightened with usage and now is a respectable 3 pounds. With a more refined trigger, accuracy could only get better...

Posts: 9371 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
im very happy with mine as well, and funny enough as someone earlier said, not counting match ammo(which Federal match did shoot well)mine shoots the bulk box walmart federal ammo great.

Posts: 21 | Location: dallas,tx | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote