New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What Bipod???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Shooter's Ridge bipod can be had at Cabela's - may not be the cheapest source, but they are somewhat cheaper than the Harris.

Next question now:
What height of bipod do you prefer?? I want one for prone shooting, but am not quite sure what height to get??

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the high bipod made by Harris, and even though I'm quite tall, it's still uncomfortable to shoot from in the prone position. Just too high. From the sitting position it works great though. If I had to do it again, I would go with the 6"-9" bipod. Make sure you get the swivel version though. It's a great thing to have in the field when shooting off uneven terrain. I'll probably be buying the 6-9" soon, but I think the Outers bipod will get the nod this time.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
I much prefer the Caldwell bipod. No springs and exposed moving bits to catch dirt and grit or rip divots out of fingers. Much quieter in operation and swivel/tilt capability built in. Lighter, cleaner and cheaper. I really dislike the spring loaded legs in the Harris.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote