Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fat Daddy
 Login/Join

posted
Just retuned a Mossberg MVP 5.56 to the factory. What a piece of junk. 1 hole groups at 50 yards and a different zip code at 100 yds. It may say Mossberg but is manufatured by Maverick. You can not buy a new barrel, threaded cap if you loose one, no support on ammo choices. All you get is factory this, we don't sell this or that. Really bad choice and would never recommend,purchase or shoot one again. Not even a good jack handle

Question:
Can anyone recommend an ammo choice?

Choices:
I have tried at least 10 different hand loads
Is there an off the shelf load option

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree wih just-a-hunter with the addition of:
How was the begging?
Did you try loosening and retightening the stock screws?
Did you try anything before sending it back as defective?
Did you free float the barrel?

All of these are cheaper than the postage to send it back.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not my fire rodeo. checked and did all. I will reserve comments until I get it back

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesJust today I made a presentation of a Mossberg 22rf target rifle with original scope and Mossberg target mounts circa 1930. Really was a work of art. The wood was deep colored Black Walnut. So you see there was a time. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
you could not be more right. It's Maverick
under the Mossberg name

posted Hide Post
Its too bad that they have chosen Maverick to build this gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you added pressure points at the end of the barrel channel? Some rifles like upward pressure at this point. Try some business cards folded.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Maverick is "neuvo political" for "Mexican manufacturo."

The MVP AR 15 magazine Mossberg is the only current Mossberg I would buy. All the rest, it's a crap shoot.

I own a .22LR 144LSB and it's a tack driver. As Roger said, "those were the days..."

Good luck.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote