New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sierra Manual
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was in Bozeman, Montana this evening and stopped in a large sporting goods store there. The new Sierra Manual was there (#5 - I think). It was pricey and I am sure I can get a better deal on it - they wanted $34.95 for this large volume. But I was very impressed with the format and the number of Varmint calibers it contained. Many Ackley Improved cartridges were now listed as well as lots of data for 260 Remington, 221 Fieball Rifle, 223 Remington semi-auto section as well as a whole section on 223 Remington bolt action data! Unfortunately Sierra does not make any 17 caliber bullets so no 17 caliber data of course. I was pressed for time and could not memorize all the calibers I am sure were new to this manual that are not in my old Sierra manual. I am sure there was 250 Ackley Improved data but no 257 Ackley Improved data - dang on that! I was pleased with it though and will own one I am sure within a month or two. It is in the 3 ring binder format and I had a little trouble manuevering the pages as there were SO MANY of them! I thought I saw someone advertising these manuals at $27.99 somewhere. Does anyone know of a better price than $34.99?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
I bought mine yesterday for $30. I haven't had a chance to scour it yet, but it does seem to have a few more caliburs. I had to get it, since it has extensive data for the Lapua [Big Grin] .

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
338Lapua,
Would you do me a favor and look up the max. load for the 6mm BenchRest VV N135 powder with the 70gr HP Match bullet. I'm curious to see if it is changed from the 4th edition.
Thanks

Rem. 222

Posts: 516 | Location: Ar. | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Midway has them for $26.99.
Link

[ 02-01-2003, 07:58: Message edited by: Bob in TX ]

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
Remm 222,

Sure, it'll be this evening.

Jim

<338Lapua>
posted
Rem 222,

Viht N135: Start - 27.8gr - 2900
Max - 29.3gr - 3000

Hope this helps.

If anyone wants data from the new manual, let me know.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
E-mail enroute to you! [Smile]
Thanks,
MM

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post deleted

[ 02-07-2003, 20:50: Message edited by: Savage99 ]

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lapua338,

Thanks for looking up the load data. I was thinking they might raise the max. load instead they reduced it.

Thanks again Jim

Rem. 222

Posts: 516 | Location: Ar. | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
338;
Did you get my e-mail?

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Oleman>
posted

<338Lapua>
posted
Marsh,

I replied to your e-mail on Saturday.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
338Lapua; [Frown]
Sorry to be a pain, but I never recieved your reply, must be lost somewhere.
I checked all my deleted stuff too, just to be sure I didn't toss it along with some junk mail. Could you resend?
Thanks,
Dan

<338Lapua>
posted
No problem, I think it may still be in my "sent" items, it will be sometime this evening though.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim;
Thanks!
I resent original just incase you no longer have it.
Thanks-a-bunch! [Big Grin]

<338Lapua>
posted
Marsh,

Sent what you needed 3 different ways, hopefully you'll get one of them. If not, let me know and I'll send them snail mail.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Johnny: Thank you on the headsup over at Midsouth! I will ring them up.
Hold into the wind
Varmintuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim;
You're not going to believe this but; still nothing in my e-mail box! I wonder what the deal is? None of what you sent came back to you as undeliverable did it? It's got me stumped, there may be some guy out opening his mail going "What the F???" [Frown]

<338Lapua>
posted
Well, I "replied" to your message, I tried to email as a normal e-mail, and I tried to forward it.

I have another account I will e-mail you from tomorrow, if you don't get it from there, just e-mail me your adress and I will mail it to you.

Jim

<338Lapua>
posted
OK Marsh,

This time I sent you an e-mail from a different account and posted a Private Message for you with the information.

Man, I can't believe the trouble in sending a simple e-mail [Wink] .

Hope you get something this time.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim;
Ha! It WORKED !!!!!!!! Thanks to your persistance! [Big Grin] [Cool]
If you recieved no notice of those others you sent as being undeliverable, I'll bet there's still some guy out there trying to figure out why he keeps getting the same E-mail!!

Thanks again!!!!

[ 02-07-2003, 23:14: Message edited by: Marsh Mule ]

<338Lapua>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Marsh Mule:

I would have told me to kiss-off long ago!

What good is the board if you can't get information [Wink] . I'm glad it finally worked for you. It became a sort of quest after a while.

Hope it helps.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim;
I know what you mean by quest! [Wink]
Thanks for not giving up! [Smile]

[ 02-08-2003, 00:15: Message edited by: Marsh Mule ]