THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Questions about the RifleBasix Marlin trigger

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Questions about the RifleBasix Marlin trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kory
posted
It is relatively easy to install and does improve things. My stock trigger had a LOT of side to side play, and the rifle basix trigger does not have any. It is a little more crisp and require a little less breaking force. That is the only mod I've done to my Marlin.

Good luck,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've installed 2 of em, one on a 917V and the other on a 917VS and had no problems at all, but they can be a bit picky to get adjusted right. The 2 adjustments work together and changes on one affect the other so it requires tiny changes at a time to get em just right. Mine are great, pull is set at less than 1 lb, no creep and crisp, breaks like glass. Here's a thread at RFC on some of the problems folks have had and some solutions.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77120

http://www.riflebasix.com/marlin.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Marlin varmint 17 HMR and was looking at the RifleBasix triggers as a replacement. Being mechanically challenged I was just wondering how easy the trigger is to install and how much it will improve the trigger over factory. It sounds fairly easy, I was just wondering if it is as easy as it sounds?

Thanks
Dennis

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I have put those websites in my favorites and will refer to them as soon as my trigger comes in.

Thanks
Dennis

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote