New
Find
Notify
Tools

CALHOON BULLETS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is anyone shooting Calhoon bullets in the 22K Hornet ?
SOUP

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used calhoun bullets in about everything I shoot 224 wise but the hornet is not one that I own. They should work great for you, you can call Calhoun bullets and talk with Jim if you do so in the afternoon, he will answer any concerns you might have.

I believe in life, liberty, and pursuit of the S.O.B.'s that threaten them.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
Being the consrevative that I am, I use My win 70 k hornet for what it is. It will never be competitive in prescicion shooting, but excells in what Lyle Kilborne had in mind. It is a damgood varmint rifle at 100 yds or less. I have found that the more economical Nosler and Sierra bullets in the 40 to 45 grain range, pushed out at 3000 FPS meet the expectations of the original cartridge design. The rifle is a joy, and a favorite of mine for the past 40-45 yrs. If it was any better, I couldn't stand it. Remember please, pass up the long shots on varmints with the "K"!

Good shootin' joe

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote