New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Camo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A while back you were all quite helpful with ideas for winter camo for my first coyote hunt ( as soon as we get snow ! ). Well, got myself covered up well, even made snow camo cross-sticks ( had time on my hands lately ) but need to do the rifles. These rifles won't be dedicated for this purpose, so I don't want anything permanent. Been trying to locate temporary white camo spray paint or the vinyl snow camo tape. The entire market seems to have been taken over by timber patterns, etc.

Any ideas? I've been doing on-line searches with no luck.

Thanks

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
white hockey tape.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does the gun need to be white? I have black/web hs Precision stock on the way. May leave like that, or before I had the matte black remington stock. I would use some cloth Advantage tape.
Keeps it dull, and it loks like a stick. Now if you have glossy stock and barrell, thats another deal

Posts: 90 | Location: albany,ny,usa | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
White tape from a first aid kit will do the job. No need to make the whole rifle white, just use the tape to break up the outline of the rifle. Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas. I'll hit the appropriate stores tomorrow when they are all open.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sask_Hunter:
white hockey tape.

Spoken like a true Canuck! [Big Grin]

Dido on the hockey tape. I camo'd my shooting sticks, calls, and just the lens covers on my coyote rifle. Looks alright. I figure if the 'yote is close enough to notice my rifle, I oughta be shooting at him! [Smile] Used the leftover to re-do my blade too! [Razz]

Hockey tape is dull, no shine. Fairly tough too. Might want to put some gun oil under the tape. Camo gun socks in Realtree, etc, made for turkey & duck hunters might work too. Doesn't have to be white, any camo will work at breaking up the "gun" look of your rifle.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
What I use is the white veterinary wrap. This is the stuff that only sticks to itself. It has a good bit of texture, too, which I like. It is not permanent, or even durable, but at $1.50 per roll, you can afford to toss it after the season. I cut the roll in half to use, and if I go from snow down to the river where there is no snow, 1 minute and I have the brown version on. Check your farm supply store. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I saw a picture in a hunting mag today of a guy who stretched a white sock over the front of the stock/barrel. Might be something to consider.

TB

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
<MACKCOOK>
posted
camotech .com {when he gets back from visiting mr. osama, and iraq.}

posted Hide Post
You will love this. Go to a office supply store buy a roll of white labeling tape. Work great, comes off easy, and I can also use it to label my reloads. Like the other posts said Just breake up the outline. I can add and remove in the field this way as needed. I also use it on my timber hats the break up that outline as well.

Skinner2

Posts: 5 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
White Pantyhose and hockey tape,all we ever used and works great.

Posts: 54 | Location: Moosomin,Saskatchewan CANADA | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote