New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open Reed Calls?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello everyone, I'm not a new person to the board I have read it for a while but I am a new poster.

Anyone know of an open reed call that is more on the high pitch cotton tail side, that sounds good?

We do allot of calling with closed reed's but sometimes have problems with them in cold weather sticking on us. (Closed reeds worked well today called 6 yotes in 0 left)

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bearcat,

The Crit-R-Call Standard and Pee Wee might be good choices. I don't have the pee wee, but the std. can go from cottontail on the high side to jackrabbit on the other....I would think the Pee Wee would range from Cottontail to mouse squeak...

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While both the Standard and PeWee Crit'r calls are the ones I use most, the Verminator line of calls made by Rick Paillet has the smallest and highest pitched open reed call I know of, tweety is the name. Around $10. They are sold by Randy Anderson. He can be reached at: www.callingcoyotes.com--think I got that right.

Call en in close_______Pete

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the Crit'R-Call Standard or Pee-Wee. For the criteria you listed, get the Pee-Wee. It is one of 3 calls I always have with me.

Good Hunting,

Bob

You can get one for $9.95 from AP at All Predator Calls along with an instruction booklet here: All Predator Calls Link

[ 12-02-2003, 18:45: Message edited by: Bob in TX ]

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the replies, I ordered a couple of calls, will let you know what I think of them.

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote