Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Wolf Pics
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
The rifle is a stainless m700 mtn rifle in 260 Remington. My load is 107 gr. Sierra MK's @ 2860 fps. The shot to the head did not do much damage, in fact no shots I've had with these bullets have done much damage, that is why I am not using them anymore. I lost a coyote shot with this load @ 90 yards on Friday. Shot #1 missed, may of grazed the top of the hill and gone astray. #2 hit her in left shoulder, exited right rear rib cage. #3 missed, #4 hit her in back end (gut shot, note blood on wolf in pics 1,3,&4), running shot @ approx. 350 yards, #5 missed (way off, pulled the shot), #6 missed (450 yard straight away running), and #7 was the coup de grace at 15 feet.

Send me a PM if you want to see the bullet hole pics with the hide off, they are a little graphic for the general forum.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool! What state are you in? If I shot a wolf they'd put me in jail. I live near Yellowstone. They did put up a $20 per coyote bounty in 2004 for the county I live in. The hunt starts tomorrow.

Posts: 83 | Location: Cody, Wy. | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Cool! What state are you in? If I shot a wolf they'd put me in jail. I live near Yellowstone. They did put up a $20 per coyote bounty in 2004 for the county I live in. The hunt starts tomorrow.

Come on! It's only a year in jail and a $100,000 fine.

Matt

Posts: 46 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote