New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage BVSS Rumor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently tried to buy a Savage 12BVSS in 22-250 after setting two of my friends up in 12FVs. My dealer looked around and couldn't find one anywhere. I called Williams Shooters Supply of Quincy IL this morning to see if they had one. The gentleman who took my call was very helpful and informative. He said he called Savage about the scarcity of this rifle and they told him that they were deliberately letting the current supplies of this rifle "dry up." The reason is they will start production up again in November with an improved trigger. Now I don't know what "improved" means...hopefully improved for us shooters and not for the lawyers! Has anyone else heard this? Any more information? I may just call Savage and see what they say.

Posts: 173 | Location: Meadowview Virginia | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What I've heard is they will be coming with a Sharp Shooter's Supply trigger installed which will raise the price another 75-100 bucks.

Posts: 132 | Location: Dufur, Oregon | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
As the owner of a 12VSS I can say that it will be a very worthwhile improvement - it is worth waiting for the new rifle to be released as the SS trigger is excellent.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also heard they are bringing back the single shot [Smile]

Posts: 23 | Location: Seattle, Wa. | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted Hide Post
God, I hope so. I was really ticked cuz when I decided to try one in .220 Swift, they had just been discontinued and the market for them went vertical!

Monte

Posts: 341 | Location: Wenatchee, WA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote