THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Hey green 788 I think I got a good deal here!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey green 788 I think I got a good deal here!
 Login/Join

<rifleman>
posted
Hey green!

I been busy all summer workin, but the road construction season is just about done in Minnesota. I got what I believe was a pretty fair deal today. I got a Ruger M77 MKII in 25-06 along with over $100 in dies, ammo, and bullets for reloading, plus a Savage 10 FP 223 all for $600. I've seen targets by both rifles and both are easy sub MOA shooters. Both triggers have been worked. The 10 FP is at 2.5 lbs and th M77 is at 3.5 lbs. Both are in excellent shape and I'll be shopping for scopes real soon. I'll transfer a Swift 3-9X from my NEF 223 Handirifle to the 25-06 for deer season coming up in a couple of weeks, and then look for a pair of 3-9X or 4-12X for the Savage and the Handirifle. This sound like a pretty fair deal to you?

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, let's see.

$600 == approx. $1200 Aussie dollars

And my new 10FP in .223 -- with nothing extra -- cost me $995 a year ago -- and is now worth about $1100.

So you got everything else for about $100AUD -- or $53USD.

Let me think -- yep, sounds pretty good to me! [Big Grin]

(I'm just jealous)

Cheers and good shooting

Bruce

Posts: 104 | Location: Perth, Australia | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
<green 788>
posted
Super deal, no doubt. I'm jealous too!

I hope to get a 25-06 as my next rifle, and I may check with you then for some load ideas.

We were shooting a Savage 25-06 last weekend. The load was a 75 grain VMAX and around 50 grains of IMR 4895. I would have thought 4350 a better choice, but the 4895 was getting the job done, to be sure. Groups were all 1/2 to 3/4 MOA, and 16 ounce pop bottles at 300 yards were easy to hit. Even though the rifle was zeroed at 100 yards, the 75 grain VMAX was still holding up well enough to hold dead on the bottle neck and bust it at 300. Killer chuck gun, to be sure.

Congratulations on a great deal. This purchase has yielded you about 1300 dollars worth of gear. Where am I when these deals go down!? [Mad] [Smile] ...

Dan Newberry
green 788