THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Need Camo Barrel sock for heavy Barrel

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Camo Barrel sock for heavy Barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Hart Varmint contour polished stainless steel Barrel.I know they have camo socks for sporter bbls.But what about heavy BBls.Sick of useing tape,don't want to send the gun any where to have is bead blasted.So Who,What,Wear,when,How do I obtain this tech.

Posts: 28 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area California United states | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Real simple way I do it is to take a strip of camo burlap and some duct tape.......wrap the barrel with one even layer of duct tape "inside out" and put the strip of burlap....cut to fit the diameter around it. Cut to length...when you are done you just slide the whole works off. Its fast...its easy...doesn't mark the gun and no tape 'sticky' to get off.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HEY, I guess that idea is my 15 seconds of fame and intelligence that Andy Warhol promised us all!

Glad to share an idea there Ironworker.

Another one of my El Cheapo bright Ideas that I will share, if you want to get a batch of small sized loading blocks:

I don't hand load pistol except for 45 Long Colt and 38 Special but, I wander over to the pistol range at our local range and tons of those holders that the pistol cartridges come in make real handy load blocks that are compact for 223 shells.

9mm are good for 223 sized cases and 45 ACP make great holders for 243-30/06 sized case rims. Haven't found one that works on magnums, but I don't shoot a lot of those anyway, not seeing a need for them in my life.

Glad to help out.

Cheers and happy holidays
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote