THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Sierra 90g HPBTs out of a 270 Weatherby

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra 90g HPBTs out of a 270 Weatherby
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Hi, I've used the 90g HPBTs for many years in my BDL in 270, bought a used 270 Weatherby a few months ago. I plan to try IMR 4320 and IMR 4350, looking for a leisurely 3600 fps (well under max). Anyone else shoot these in their 270 Weatherby? Thanks!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4734 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't have a Weatherby, but have used both the Sierra 90 gr HP and the Speer 90 gr TNT in my .270WSM. Both performed very well at the 3600 fps level, using IMR-4350 and Reloder 19. I would be surprised if you don't have similar results.

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4734 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Sounds Explosive!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both the Sierra and TNT will about cut a Yote in half when paced between "wind and water".

Decades ago, I used the Sierra on Chucks back East. PETA would not not approve. "Kathowp" and your boots got messy burying them back in the burrow.

Usually very accurate as well.

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot crows for a rancher friend in the spring wheat fields of Montana during the 70s. Black feather fireworks when you hit them with a Sierra 90g HPBT out of a 270 ...

Regards,

Chuck