Find
Notify
Tools

California hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

I have a couple of english speaking Norwegian friends who will be visiting LA from 17-30th July. Now, 99% of Noggies are hunters - these two, (he & she!) are mad keen on anything involving firearms and hunting....varmint or big game!

Question; is there any form of hunting, varmint or otherwise to be had in CA at that time of year? Any recommendations as to outfitters - or is there anyone who would be prepared to look out for them for a day?

These guys were recently out in Italy successfully hunting with EXPRESS ......... and had a great time!

http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=600008&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

Many thanks in advance for your help on this one!

Rgds

Ian

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Do an internet search and look for the "Tejon Ranch" they offer hunting, for a price there. It's on Interstate 5, north of LA and just south of Bakersfield. Pigs should be available as well as varmints and the ground squirrels will be out heavy then.

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fjold - any help is appreciated.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be sure to check out Jesse's Hunting Page. Lots of info on hunting in California, especially pig hunting. Just try www.jesseshuntingpage.com. I think you will find lots of info there.

The other post that recommends the Tejon ranch is right on the money as well. They have lots of hunting opportunities there.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I live north of the Tejon and it is about the best hunting around here. It does cost a bit though.
Another option is the Twisselman's Ranch. They cater mostly to LA exec's with big bucks from my understanding but they also have huge hogs.
As for hunting public ground the hogs are hit and miss. Coyotes are entertaining but are getting hunted more than ever before.
The above links do have good information. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote