New
Find
Notify
Tools

PA Coyotes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It is ten o'clock and I have just been serenaded by a pack of coyotes behind my house. I live in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania and this is becoming more frequent. What is the best way of hunting thess things at this time of the year. It is no wonder the deer herd around my home is decreasing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would try to pattern them from the howls. Try some coyote in distress calls in the area, sneak in and be super scent free. They got pups now and that might work on a mommas natural instinct. You probably got a den somewhere around there. Pa yotes are tuff. They will make the smartest trophy whitetail look stupid. Good luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
My father-in-law and I are going to Potter county this weekend. Turks in the morning and 'yotes in the afternoon/evening. Both carrying 222s. His is a 788 he just received yesterday. Mine a older vintage 700 varminter I've had about 2 months. Maiden hunt for both guns. Using Hornady factory 50gr V-max. Any thoughts on this bullet for 'yotes?

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lets hope this is not the end of the woodchucks in PA!

When you shoot a coyote and it falls shoot it again for the fun of it.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That should do the trick.

one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
Pa yotes are tuff. They will make the smartest trophy whitetail look stupid.

So true!!!

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote