Find
Notify
Tools

TRUGLOW 6-24 X44
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Frowner Test the TRUGLOW, 6-24 x 44mm, Mil dot scope. The clarity was good, the stability against recoil was fine.The adjustment for focal distance almost needed a strap wrench to make it work. I got what i paid for!!!; a POS thumbdown roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I looked thru one last week at Sportsman's Warehouse and kinda thought the same thing. I did like the idea of the green and red crosshair though. Seemed like they could come in handy in certain situations.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Roger,

I bought one on your recommendation...

ya know, for the $54.00 I paid for it, I think it was a good value, at least mine was...

I'm not mounting it on a 300 Win Mag.....

of course I wasn't expecting a Leupold.. I am happy you told me about it..it isn't worth the original $229.00 they claimed, but for $54.00 plus shipping.. I am satisfied so far...

heck of a lot better than the couple of BSA's I have purchased here and there...

you can tell it came out of the same factory as the older Tasco scopes...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So what brands/models are good buys for those of us who can't afford $1000 scopes?

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Leupold and Zeiss Conquest...Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
I did like the idea of the green and red crosshair though. Seemed like they could come in handy in certain situations.

Mine don't have colored cross hairs.

Some of the Tascos, Simmons, and BSAs have been pretty good. The Barskas were a disaster and their warranty stinks.

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
quote:
I did like the idea of the green and red crosshair though. Seemed like they could come in handy in certain situations.

Mine don't have colored cross hairs.

Some of the Tascos, Simmons, and BSAs have been pretty good. The Barskas were a disaster and their warranty stinks.

The one I was looking at had a knob that you could change from black (light not turned on), to green, to red. It allowed for 5 different brightness settings for the colors.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
The one I was looking at had a knob that you could change from black (light not turned on), to green, to red. It allowed for 5 different brightness settings for the colors.

Story of my life--- can't find the ka nob when you need it. popcornroger

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
I have a couple Swift Premium scopes. I have (2) 6X18X44s on two different rifles.
The run from $150 to about 200 over the counter depending on which model you prefer.
They have been really good at holding zero and their adjustment is repeatable.

Also if you have any "pawn shops" in your area, sometimes a good buy can be had.
I have three or four Leupold 3X9s on rifles that were purchased used.

I bought them for half or less of new price.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked through a Truglo recently thought it should be sold in a blister pack hanging on a hook.

The KonusPro 3-10x44 riflescope that I bought this year is a much better than expected. I bought it after being impressed with their spotter. I took it to a Sportsmans Warehouse and snapped it into a toy stock along side a couple of well known scopes and thought it compared favorably. It's hard to tell in the store though
The adjustments are really smooth too. They have a lifetime replacement guarantee. At least one guy on the net used it .

The feedback from buyers on Midways website catalog is quite favorable.

Konus is a Italian company and probable Chicom assembly.

Don't be afraid of buying KonusPro. I haven't seen a review of their top line 30mm scopes yet. These look to have a street price in $300 range.