Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 597 magazine??
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys, I've been lurking for awhile, and you've sold me on the 17 hmr. But I'm a guy that REALLY likes my Bushmaster Varminter AR15 and the ability to walk out to a PDog town with all of my 30 round clips, and just keep pulling the trigger as much as I want.
I found a used Remington 597, laminated stock, and 4x12 scope for $250, and I will probably have bought it before you even read this. Does anyone know where I can get a clip with more than 8 round capacity? I have searched and searched for higher-cap magazines for the 17hmr in all the manufacturers, but haven't found any. I assume that means nobody makes them , but I'm hoping I'm just looking in the wrong areas.
I originally was going to buy a ruger, since there are plenty of places you can get high-cap 10-22 clips, but I haven't seen any high-cap 77-17 clips, or modified 10-17's. I wanted something that my wife could shoot at the range with me, and an autoloader would be much more appealing to her than a bolt action. I know she's intimidated by my AR, and she definately doesn't like my 44 Mag revolver! I'll also use it for squirrels and rabbits closer to town, and as a backup PDog gun when the AR barrel needs to cool down! Thanks for the help!

Arcosanti

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would bet that you could use a regular .22 LR 10-22 magazine for the .17 M-2 (not the .17 HMR.) If there are hi-cap magazines for the 10-22 .22 mag, they would probably work with the .17 HMR.

I don't know of anything for the Remington 597, though I have one and like it.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote