Find
Notify
Tools

The new Kimber vs Cooper
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted
Anyone have experince with one or both in 22 lr cal and 22-250.I have heard that accuracy with
the kimbers in the rifle caliburs is not great.
How about the Coopers?
Thanks
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen targets from a cooper 22LR and they were amazing.My cousin just bought the kimber 22-250 and is working on a load for it.I told him he should have saved some money and bought a remington. [Big Grin]

Posts: 92 | Location: Church Hill,Tn | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Well. I've been shootin a 243 AI Cooper and found it to be as accurate as my heavy barreled Remingtons. I don't think that it is a "hummer" though it did a fine job on a Montana varmint odessy. Generally with proper loads 1/2 MOA is reasonable to expect. Does anyone need more than that from an off the shelf rifle?

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a Cooper Classic in .222 Remington since last October. I have no problems getting 3-shot sub .25" groups at 100 yards. The old Kimber forum had more than a few owners unhappy with the accuracy of the New 84. Coopers are not without their faults and I heard a few bad experiences with Coopers. On my dealer's recommendation, I ordered one anyway. I've been very happy with mine and plan on another one.

Posts: 129 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote