THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Which Scope-Weaver Grand Slam or Leupold

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which Scope-Weaver Grand Slam or Leupold
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mountdoug: You inferred you were an idiot - not me! I am leaning in that direction though and if you provide anymore evidence than you already have in that regard I may have to deem you as actually being one!
I paid $460.00 for the two new ones I bought (I buy them from the worlds largest seller of Leupold scopes out in Washington State and I pay always in cash - so he gives me good deals) and the as new, used one I only paid $425.00 for. So your offer does not interest me at all! Let me know if you wish to sell them for realistic prices. I will be in Bozeman tomorrow (Saturday December 18th) for several hours - with lots of cash.
None of my three Leupold 8.5x25x40mm's are grainy at high power! You want to see grainy at high power I have two Sightron 6x24's that ARE grainy at 22-24x!
Yeah my calls to the folks I know at Leupold regarding the discontinuation of the 8.5x25x40mm's gave me no satisfactory answer as to their reason. They stated they wanted to go to the 50mm objective "long range" models in this power range. By the way I have shot Rifles that use these amazing scopes and they are a special treat!
Nothing you have mentioned sways me one bit from my learned and experienced opinion of the fine 8.5x25x40mm's! I have a feeling several hundred Varmints and several head of Big Game wish what you say about them WAS true! Maybe some of them would be alive!
Any kidding aside now - if you actually owned two Leupold 8.5x25x40mm's and wanted to sell them you could VERY easily do so! I am headed to the coast again in January for more big Gunshows and if you put a reasonable price on them I will gladly sell them for you (no commission necessary!)! And if your price is attractive enough like I said I will buy them myself! Let me know.
You may call it a pissing match I am calling it a correction of erroneous and uninformed view points on your part by me. I hope you don't mind the corrections!
And if you don't mind my saying it you should lighten up a tad!
You are not the only person that has made Leupold bashing mistakes in their sweeping derision of Leupold. Let me advise you once more - you bash leupold again without reason and I WILL correct you, again!
I still have not gotten an answer from you as to why Leupold is the best selling scope in the world! Any comments on that.
By the way I am personal friends with the optical genius (Wally Siebert) that designed the high end magnification variable scopes for Leupold and I will appraise you of his opinion of your allegations regarding the 8.5x25's built in problems (cross-over?) - ASAP. I have been to Wally's home countless times and watched him disassemble all manner of scopes over the years and change reticles in them and boost their powers. Let me forewarn you Wally is pretty knowledgeable regarding Leupold scopes!
You certainly have made sweeping statements regarding the Leupold scopes "they are grainy at the higher powers"! And I have specifically and righteously refuted that! My three 8.5x25x40mm's are not grainy at all! And yes I will restate that they do shoot great groups and hold their points of aim even under Montana backroad and harsh weather conditions. And to further illuminate you and your errorous ways I will repeat, I think the Leupold 8.5x25x40mm's scopes are one of the best Colony Varmint and all around Varmint scopes ever made! I have used them for many years now and have found no flaws with any of them what so ever. I wish I had more of them!
Of course I actually use mine year round for Big Game Hunting, all manner of Varmint Hunting and of course range work. Perhaps that fact influences my opinion of them?
What more could any impartial user ask of their scopes! Apparently you Leupold bashers have some alterior motives?
Don't let those fine scopes sit on a shelf Doug - get them to someone that will use and appreciate them!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike_elmer: In the immortal words of Frank Zappa your post is filled with "CRAPPA"!
I am still laughing at it!
Leupold makes great scopes and lots of knowledgeable target shooters, Big Game Hunters and Varmint Hunters use and trust them. I never said they were perfect nor have I said they were the best scopes made. I will repeat for your benefit that they are an excellent scope and will perform well for you and if something goes wrong with them Leupold will fix them. The scopes in the Leupold line are a very good investment and with proper care will serve a person for a very long time! I still use Leupold scopes that were manufactured in the 1950's by the way!
It is your type of specious (without merit) and ambiguous statements that qualify you as an embarassment to meaningful exchange of ideas and opinions!
You sir, can not even correctly spell Leupold! Witness your misspelling of Leupold in your drivel filled posting!
Luepold! Wha's dat?
So in your "esteemed" opinion all Leupolds have "off center reticles" and are are "hazy" to look through! I have again just now burst into laughter at your contention!
You sir, are simply, full of shit!
Nothing much further need be relayed regarding your ineffective attempt at Leupold bashing.
Not even a "nice try" can be said about your type of "crazy" Leupold bashing!
Long live Leupold!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote