THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Thinking about an AR-15 for coyotes

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about an AR-15 for coyotes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Don't know a thing about which one.

Any suggestions?

I like accuracy, velocity.......

Can they be had in .243 wssm?

Brand?

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Mike Milli @ Dtech makes very accurate & reliable 243 WSSM's at reasonable price.

Dtech WSSM AR 15's

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Lot's of people here in Ca. use the AR's (223's) for coyote.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Rock River Predator model in .223 and it is very accurate, shooting 50gr Vmax from Black hills.

I thought the AR was outlawed in CA.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgoodrich:
I just picked up a Rock River Predator model in .223 and it is very accurate, shooting 50gr Vmax from Black hills.

Nah, Californis politicians are too stupid to write laws that we can't beat. I bought all three of these in the last three years.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 06 January 2009 08:03 Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by mgoodrich:

Nah, Californis politicians are too stupid to write laws that we can't beat. I bought all three of these in the last three years.

I sure hope so - good on you thumb

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have input on the Fulton Armory products?

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good product, scum sucking management/owner

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why's that? I'm in the dark.

RC

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcasto:
Why's that? I'm in the dark.

It's a California thing. In 2005 we figured out that the law in California banning AR weapons banned them by a combination of evil features and the specific make and model of semiauto rifles.

This made it possible for us to build our own rifles as long as we didn't use the lower receivers listed by make and model by the CA Dept of Justice (DOJ) as "assault weapons"

A couple of brave FFLs here in California ordered thousands of "Off List Lowers" (OLLs) of which the Fulton brand was one of them for a huge group buy.

The CA DOJ figured out what we were doing and illegally confiscated some of them (later released with no restrictions) and sent letters to different manufacturers telling them that although selling the lower receivers "was technically legal, some of the 58 DA's in Cali might arrest them for importing illegal assault weapons". No California DA said that they would do this, the CA DOJ just made it up to try to scare manufacturers.

Only one manufacturer caved in to this illegal tactic (Fulton). The owner of Fulton called my FFL on the phone after he had already paid for the lower receivers and the case was en route. The owner of Fulton called the shipping company to stop delivery and told my FFL that if the receivers were delivered to him before the return order was processed that he had to return them directly back to him or he (Fulton) would report to the CA DOJ that the receivers were stolen.

The owner of Fulton Armory was ready to have a FFL (customer) arrested and was willing to lie about it to the authorites because he was wet panty scared by a threat that no one else heeded.

I have no problem with him refusing to do business here in California. But I could never do business or associate with a person who would lie and risk getting an innocent man arrested because he's a coward.

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

RC

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
.. So Fulton Joins Cooper as being not someone to have any bussiness dealings with ........... It,s always good to have these things put right out where everyone can see who the low life,s are .... Thanks ...........

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote