Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night Hunting
 Login/Join

posted
I have rarely seen coyotes on the piece of land that I hunt during the day. I've tried calling with no avail. I do see promise in night hunting, as I've heard them every time that I've been out their at night. The only problem is that I never seem to be in the right place. And there is no question that there is alot of coyotes out their.

What are the best techniques that you guys have used when hunting coyotes at night???

Thanks
CJW15

Posts: 15 | Location: Stronghurst, IL | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I personally have hunted at night only when there is enough snow and moonlight. The artificial light laws need to be understood well enough to avoid a problem. I had a game warden tell me hunting coyotes with lights is fine if it's hand held. Yet another insisted that you can't hunt while in posession of an artificial light at night, and having a gun with you while running a spotlight is enough to site you on.
Moonlight was fun and effective but I'd bring a shotgun first and maybe a rifle if I thought I'd need it.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote