Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended 22/250 Load
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
I have been playing around a little with some 22.250 loads. I use a charge of 33 grains of IMR 4064 or 4895 in my fast twist 22.250 with 68 thru 80 grain bullets...

I had some AA 4064 that I have had for a while, so I tried some of it since it is more user friendly for 22 caliber necks than is IMR's...

Well I have to say, with a variety of bullet weights from 50 to 55 grains, I am very pleasantly surprised... even with cheap bulk bullets, I am getting 100 meter groups out of my Ruger VT about half the size of a dime to the size of say a dime...

another side benefit, is that it is generating low enough pressure, that I don't even have to neck size it to reseat a new bullet, for several shots...

I haven't taken the time to chronograph it.. estimating the MV at about 3400 fps or so..

I also don't have the ability to show some target samples since I let Seafire JR take my camera to Philmont Boy Scout Camp down in New Mexico...he'll be back on the 9th of July..

I have kept some samples so I will post them then...I have had fun turning in some small 200 and 300 meter groups also...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote