Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who needs a varmint rifle?
 Login/Join

posted
I shot a woodchuck a few days ago at 100 yards with a bow. He walked out in front of the 100 yard range as I was putting away my bow. A couple guys pointed out that he was daring me to try to hit him. I have a license on the dash, there's no closed season, and I've got pins out to sixty yards so, I thought my chances were good. First arrow, flipped him completely over. I did my little dance and was asked to shoot a chipmunk as an encore. I'm content with being a legend in my own time.

Posts: 5 | Location: rhode island | Registered: 07 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a friend that hunts turkey and squirrels with a bow..... he says you are cheating if you use a shotgun.

Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm.

Posts: 40 | Location: SE TN USA | Registered: 04 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I shot ground squirrels with my 375 H&H. You never know when one will charge!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know why but I couldn't quit laughing after reading that one.

Posts: 70 | Location: N. Utah | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Rob!!! Great shooting!!! You probably had all the great personal satisfaction that some of us do when we turn a groundhog or prairie dog upside down with a little bitty .204 or .224 or .243 bullet at 600 yards plus!!..........and we do it with regularity!!! cheers cheersGHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote