New
Find
Notify
Tools

good price?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got back from a gun show, and at this show I saw a near mint Remington 700 in 222rem for 425. Is this a good deal? It's jus nawing at the back of me head that I shoulda grabbed when I saw it.
Thanks
Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ADL or BDL? standard barrel or varmint? what condition?
That price for me ( a 222 fan ) is ok if it is a BDL varmint barrel but not a deal unless there was a Leupold ontop of it

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
it was in very good condition. It was an older rifle, adl or bdl I dont recall off hand. It was a very nice looking rifle. It also did have a Leupold on top. No pitting or rust, good throat. Just an all round good looking rig.
Thanks
Anthony

one of us
posted Hide Post
If it was with a scope and a BDL varmint barrel I would go back for it in the morning!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The thought has crossed my mind, and if I could figure out how to get it and keep it a secret from the wife I'd be all set. Maybe I'll just have to do some fast talking. Wish me luck.
Anthony

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately I have a plan for that.
I use the money from my expense reports. It seems to go unnoticed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good idea. That would work if it wasn't for the fact that we are in the process of having a house built and she is watching the money like a hawk. I don't even get to hold my paycheck for longer than 5minutes...lol.
Anthony

posted Hide Post
I'd trade the wife for the gun, problem solved.
Got your gun, turn the sewing room into reloading/gun room and you get to keep YOUR paycheck!!!!!!!!

Posts: 13 | Location: ct. usa | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LMFAO...Good idea but I dun think it would work. Once they found out she can't cook they would probably return her.
Anthony

one of us
posted Hide Post
If the rifle is old enough to have that god awful impressed checkering they tried for a while, its not a good deal. You can kinda forget the scope unless it is indeed a leuy. If you're selling a good horse, you needn't put a saddle on him to make him sell. The big question is, is the rifle worth it to you without the scope? Think of the scope as "curb appeal".

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote