THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    National Match Rifle Support?????

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Match Rifle Support?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of you guys ever try a National Match Rifle Support? They look pretty good I am having a problem justifying the cost.
Thanks

Posts: 142 | Location: NY | Registered: 03 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't justify the cost myself, yet!!! If you haven't already done so, check out the Rifle Rests thread last posted 8/11. It is or was a little below your post. In the thread toward the middle bottom, Sakofan expounds the virtues of the rest. If you look in the benchrest section and search around in the older posting you will probably be able to locate more input on the national match rest and another rest that is different(looking) yet the similar as far as quoted capabilites. For now I'll use sand bags at a bench. Best-o-Luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems I forgot to mention the other rest by name. I believe it is spelled Lahti rifle rest. Crank up dogpile, google or some search engine and you may find something else that maybe fits you better. HTH

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frank d:
Any of you guys ever try a National Match Rifle Support? They look pretty good I am having a problem justifying the cost.
Thanks

Yes...It's worth the cost!!
Great rest, great guy to work with (Jim).
I have the heavy duty rest, with the recoil pad and rest clamp.
It's currantly being used by a friend, to sight in a scope.
Some BR shooters have looked at it, and loved it.

I literally shoot my .300WM and .300 RUM single handedly, without recoil!!..sakofan.. [Wink]

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote