THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Is this a good year for shooting PDs?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a good year for shooting PDs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been building a rifle to shoot prairie dogs, and before I drive 2000 miles, I thought I would ask.

My target area would be South East Montana.
Is there a better destination?

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clark;

A good friend on mine in Billings cancelled a trip I was going to make there to shoot prairie dogs. The state of Montana is burning up this summer. Forest fires are at an all time high.

Many of the roads are closed to vehicles so they won't produce any potential sparks. Some rivers are even closed to fishing because of the " shock" fish and wildlife deems it could have on the fish.

Many farmers who own private land are not allowing access to it for fear of fire from vehicle exhausts on the grass or from simple sparks from riccochets.

Montana is not a good destination right now for any Hunting. Wish I had better news! [Frown]

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote