THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    calling foxes when coyotes get in the way

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

calling foxes when coyotes get in the way
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i had a friend who had a pet coyote, he had raised it from before its eyes were open. it was one of the most people loving critters you could imagine.
nothing came within its space in the back yard and survived. i actually saw it jump 10 feet into the air and grab a bird in mid flight.
the only reason i mention this was a friend was harassing me telling me how much smarter and better a coyote hunter he was than i. arrangements were made to spend a little time in the back yard with the coyote. the dogs owner videotaped me sitting in a bush calling, all of a sudden this coyote shows up with a rubber ducky in its mouth and keeps poking me with it trying to get me to take it and play ball with it. i promptly took it and pitched it away, going back to calling like nothing had happened. the coyote promptly returned and began poking me with the rubber ducky again. finally, disgusted with the whole set up i collected my things. turning to the camera and muttered something to the effect of " how is a man supposed to call a fox if these darn coyotes won't leave you alone.
i mailed a copy of the tape to my friend, i got an immediate call. something to what the f&$k was that and how did i pull that off, to this day i have never explained nor has he told me how much better he.

bobd

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats great! A pet coyote, huh? That would be one pet you wouldn't want to let out of the back yard or it would surely not returnSmiler I hope your friend doesn't have kids, people loving or not, I must say that a coyote is a wild animal not unlike a wolf. Many a owner of "pet" wolves have gotton there kids or themselves mauled or killed. A wild animal is exactly that, wild, and there not a predictable "good" pet. Just a word of caution from someone whos seen that situation go bad.

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great story. Hilarious!

Posts: 17 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ahh it's not really my story, I just got it from the hmor section at predatormasters.com

Good laugh though aye?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote