New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog-gone-good shooting bags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I first heard about this product in a Varmint Safari video.

I am very pleased with the dog-gone-good shooting bag, and the people that sell them.

I am getting better groups at the range with the shooting bag than I am from the benchrest and rabbit ears bag.
It is all shooting bag for me now, varminting AND at the range.

http://dog-gone-good.com/

Their professional picture:

My amateur picture:

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip.

Who makes your shooting bench?

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I require the rancher to supply the bench.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, that's a plus.

What is the rifle in the picture? It looks like a competitive benchrest rifle?

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a box stock Ruger #1 .223 Burris Sig 8x32x44 shooting 33 gr Vmax and Blue Dot at ground squirrels.

If I owned 200 guns and only used 5, that would be one of the 5.

The previous year, the forstock got scratched on the bottom wire of that barbed wire fence at that same spot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tnekkcc: I have a BUNCH of Dog-Gone-Good bags! Including the model shown in the photos - I have two of those one a little smaller than the one pictured and one the same size. I have one of the Darrell Holland designed "toe" bags as well - this is the "rectangular" bag shown on the toe of the Rifle in the first picture.
This bag can be used in 3 differing height modes it is the handiest thing I have ever bought. It clips on your belt if need be and can be placed on top a fence post or a car hood or anywhere as a bag for ones forend as well as for toe support on those long shots. I even bring it along in my day pack while Big Game Hunting!
For about $12.00 it is just mandatory to have one of these handy little bags! Mine is filled with something light and weighs next to nothing but is superbly supportive and stable when aiming afield!
I also have two different sizes of Dog-Gone-Good window bags! These bags are also "mandatory" for the Varminter.
The owner of the Dog-Gone-Good compny is a great guy and a dedicated Varminter!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are great bags, i hardly use anything else anymore

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
It looks like the loading port is in accessible when the gun is sitting in the bag.
How do you get the rounds in and out of the chamber without sliding the gun back and forth?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a Ruger #1 the loading port is on top, right under the scope eye piece.

With bolt actions, the rifle must be slid in and out.

One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Buliwyf,

That is a BR Pivot Portable Shooting Bench. Just click on the VarmintMasters link on the bottom of my signature line.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
These bags look great and I would like to try some. Which size would you recommend for shooting and would you want the wedge rear bag or the small square bag. Any advice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the wedge and never used in the field.

I have the medium bag filled with ground up plastic pop bottles. It smelled like pop for the first month after I got it. That bag has a shoulder strap, and is no big deal to carry and carry a gun at the same time. A chair, a bench, a gun, and a bag are too much to carry at once.

Next, I am going to get one of the large bags filled with plastic grounds, not that I need it, but I want one setup on the back porch and the other in my car.