THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Sources For Sako Mfg. 22 PPC Brass

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sources For Sako Mfg. 22 PPC Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been outta of the critter misting fun for some time now.

Went to load up my Sako BR single shot 22 PPC, well lets just say my cases are getting pretty tired and none to be found.. I hate to resort to Norma and turning down necks..

Anybody know a source for new Sako Mfg. brass ??

Thanks all

Please PM me

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have to turn Sako necks? The Lapua 220 Russian brass is far better than either the Sako USA or the Norma.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DocEd:
Do you have to turn Sako necks? The Lapua 220 Russian brass is far better than either the Sako USA or the Norma.

Speacialy with the lapua & 220 Russian.. The Sako rifles/brass were made to thinner neck wall specs. But I might have to resort to that.. Really needing plug & play.. not set up anymore for the really serious stuff.. Case forming, neck turning and all that stuff

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've been looking for either 22 ppc or 6 mm ppc for a few months now with no success. its looking like i'll end up making it out of 762x39

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i've been looking for either 22 ppc or 6 mm ppc for a few months now with no success. its looking like i'll end up making it out of 762x39

Just saw some new Sako 6PPC on GB... Same deal if I neck the 6mm down.. Have to neck size.. Hurry you might be able to grab it..

MopaneMike

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of hundred of the original Sako .220 Russian brass I could post in the EE.

Guess they are easily worth Lapua prices.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of outside neck turning brass, but to compensate for my dislike of it, I mechanized the trimming process to shorten up on the time doing it.
You might consider doing the same if you can't find the Sako brass anywhere.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MopaneMike:
I hate to resort to Norma and turning down necks..

Mike, normally Norma brass does not have to be neck turned for use in one of the Sako factory chambers. Brass based on Lapua .220 Russian is a different matter.

Needless to say, you need to verify that unturned Norma brass will fit your chamber...

Availability of the Norma brass has been spotty over the years. Surprisingly, it looks as if Bruno's has some at present. I don't think Sako makes PPC brass any longer (.22 or 6mm).

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Creedmoor Sports :: Shooting Supplies :: Ammo, Brass & Bullets :: Brass :: Lapua Brass :: .220 Russian

.220 Russian
100 per box unless noted

Details

SKU L5013
Weight 1.70 lbs
Our Price: $97.95

Don't know if this helps, but Creedmor Sports showing they have 220 Russian for sale, r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks All..

I picked up some Norma 22PPC brass at of all places.. Cabela's.

Still need to load a dummy round to see if neck turning is needed.. I'm needing to place a small order at Cabela's on some other items, I'm wanting to try Hornady A-Max 52gr but their on back order.

MopaneMike