New
Find
Notify
Tools

stole this from 24 hr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
stole this from 24 hr campfire. deserved reposting here. i enjoyed hell out of it

Got permission to call a new piece of land and tried it out last night. Started calling and within 3 minutes a large coyote comes in and my buddy drills him in the ass with a load of number 4's. Immediately after the shot we here a female voice yelling "get away". Sure enough a flashlight starts heading down the field edge and I walk up to see what is going on. There is a woman in a night gown and british accent screaming at me for shooting her animals. I explained we were hunting coyotes and not her animals (which were in her house) and she says I should be shot. Immediately I went from being nice to pissed off mode and asked "is this your land?" No, do you understand you can be arrested for interfering with a hunt and charged with trespassing? She runs to the landowners house and wakes him up and he is old and very irate. After some harsh words he asks if I can call the police and game warden. I almost passed out with glee and enthusiastically obliged. End result is that she was charged with trespassing and interfering with a legal hunt. Also had the game warden give her the biggest ass chewing and threaten to arrest her on the spot instead issuing a summons. After all said and done, the landowner asked that we return often and shoot our guns whether we see something or not. After all this which took over an hour we slid down the tree line and started calling and got this red fox right away. We didn't hear a peep from the crazy british lady.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops! That would be one of our less popular exports then!!
If you want any more, we've got an almost inexaustable supply!
Seriously, the anti's are a danger whichever country you live in. I've encountered them here in the UK and in France. I've heard some will try to take your gun away from you... kind of gives you an idea of the way their brains are wired

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Butch. Great story with a happy ending. Big Grin

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Thank you Butch. Great story with a happy ending. Big Grin
+2 thumb

Butchloc, what state did this occur?

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
waas either w va or va

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch ; clap

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote