New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap Spotting Scope!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just returned from the west coast where I was doing some "hired gun" work! I got 99 hours worth of mad money coming from this 10 day assignment!
On one of the last days I worked my partner and I had occassion to observe and become "concerned" about an "urban youth" and his welfare bitch who were obviously "casing" the people and the premise we were hired to protect.
We made our presence known to the "druggies" and they scampered away like the rats they were! They had a pretty good plan though - they split up! The intent of this, was in case "someone" followed them back to their vehicle (and thus able to ID them!) they had half a chance the someone that followed them would follow the scum sucker that was not actually going to the car!
We "fooled" them though and my partner followed the welfare bitch and I followed the "urban youth"!
My partner got the license number when the "welfare bitch" entered her beater car and raced away. I followed the "urban youth" to a playfield where he then broke into a sprint and raced across it and out of sight. My partner relayed (via walkie talkie) that he had the license number and I turned around to head back to our assignment.
Before I got there I noticed a "pawn shop" I had never been in before and decided to investigate!
They carried no firearms (damn!) but did have cameras and optics. I noticed a real nice Bausch & Lomb Discoverer 15 x 60 power spotting scope on a tri-pod.
I asked to see it and looked it over and gave it a test. I was in a hurry and checked the price tag last.
It read $44.99!!!
My mind was racing as I only had 2 twenty dollar bills in my wallet and did not want to use the credit card!
Not to fear, I offered the "uran youth" type counter man the option of selling me just the spotting scope and he could keep his tri-pod!
He replied the owner wanted to only sell the two items as a package.
I offered him $40.00 for the set-up. He declined saying the boss was out and he had no authority to "come down" on the prices!
At this point another customer heard our dealings and mentioned he would be interested in the tri-pod!
I said $20.00 bucks and its yours! He countered at $15.00 and I replied "sold"!
I then beat the store out of the 9% sales tax that that state invokes on ALL sales.
I got out of there with a Bausch & Lomb Discoverer spotting scope for $29.99!
I literally danced back to my work assignment!
I actually have many spotting scopes right now but I am planning on taking this scope to the Livingston, Montana Gunshow next weekend and make a 65 or 75 dollar bill off of it!
I will put that money towards the new Varmint Rifle (Remington 700 VSF in 17 Remington Fireball!) I am planiing on buying "soon".
God bless that cretin of an "urban youth" and his "welfare bitch"!
I have owned several of these Bausch & Lomb Discoverer's in the past and they are "nice" spotters. But they are very heavy and at the highest end (power wise) loose a noticeable amount of their clarity!
They are fine for looking at mountains or to see if the neighbors car is in the yard (the neighbors in Montana are often a couple miles away!) but for serious range work and Varminting usages they rate only an "81" on my 1 to 100 ratings scale!
I have found though through the years that these scopes resell pretty easily and have made money off of them many times in the past.
By the way - keep an eye on your Varmint Rifles and gear as I have 99 hours worth of "mad money" coming to me here in a few days!
I did stop at three different Sportsmens Warehouse stores during my west coast sojourn and priced out their Fox-Pro remote callers!
They carried Models that DO NOT correspond to my on line catalog so I was a bit baffled by the models and prices offered.
I will have a Fox-Pro caller here REAL soon though!
Thanks mostly to all the "urban youth" that are making the lives and occupations of "working folk" just miserable!
And for that I have to thank these "urban youth" bits of pond scum!
Thanks pond scum!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LEESEE - $20 for a B&L & you're calling them scum suckers?? Big Grin Roll Eyes Wink i believe that that is whats known as a drug deal gone good cheers my old B&L has a permanent home set up in the house on my range. question - how come I only hear about other guys making deals like this?????

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
LEESEE - $20 for a B&L & you're calling them scum suckers?? Big Grin Roll Eyes Wink i believe that that is whats known as a drug deal gone good cheers my old B&L has a permanent home set up in the house on my range. question - how come I only hear about other guys making deals like this?????

beer That's me! I like to pay retail, then offer it a a deep discount to someone else who needs it. I get a "wash" now and then, but it's been a while since I actually got a good deal, much less a "steal"! Big Grin Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butchbloc: I have gotten to be a kind of a cheap skate here in my old age (59!)! I simply refuse to pay retail for anything!
I have scams, man!
All legal, but scams, none the less!
I buy lots of stuff simply to resell for a profit!In the last month I have bought and sold two other optics for a profit and am working on a third item I recently bought for cheap (Steiner 8x30 binoculars!).
My favorite "scam" of all time was in cahoots with my younger brother! We attended a Police Auction a few years back and my brother had his eye on a BIG outboard motor! Well the reason the Police had it was because it had been stolen and later recovered! The thieves had simply used a bolt cutter on the wiring harness (and I assume the safety chain?) to quickly get it free from the boat it had been attached to! Well my brother was certain we could buy a new harness for cheap and we could resell this "as new" outboard!
I was dubious but needed a "project". Everyone else was scared off from the "damaged" outboard (150 horse Evinrude IIRC). We got that motor for $190.00! The wiring harness was another $150.00 and we quickly sold that motor for $1,500.00!
We split the "profit"!
I bought a Varmint Rifle with my moola and my brother bought a nifty set of Golf Clubs - yes he was won over by the "dark side" (Golfing is referred to as "The Dark Side" amongst my Hunting buddies and I).
All of my "scam" money goes towards arms and ammunition!
I hope you get a "good deal" soon - one that will more than make up for your lack of good deals so far.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOW CUT THAT OUT CRYBABY boohoo see if i ever invite you the the buy it high sell it low club

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote