Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

? for PA hunters
 Login/Join

posted
I have been told that you can't hunt with a semi-auto rifle in PA to include varmit hunting. Is it possible to hunt with an AR-15 if you only carry 1 mag that has been plugged to allow it to hold no rounds. This would allow you to single load only.

Posts: 17 | Location: LA | Registered: 09 November 2002Reply With Quote
<shooter 42>
posted
well the way i read the rules it would be no. i believe they state that the rifle or handgun must be manually operated.

posted Hide Post
It is still a semi-automatic, isn't it?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GBTX01:

"Unlawful Firearms and DevicesFrowner1) Automatic and semiautomatic (autoloading) rifles and handguns; (2) air or gas operated rifles and shotguns."

From Pg. 10, "General Hunting Regulations", Pa. Digest of Hunting and Trapping Regulations

In my experience, the Game Protectors / Wardens are quite literal minded in interpretation of the laws and regulations, are very free in issuing violations, and enjoy state-wide ~90% conviction rates. If so cited,You could challenge it in court and make the assertion that you "manually" loaded the single round using the T-handle. Not being a lawyer, I couldn't guess the percentages on this ploy, but I wouldn't gamble on it.
Enjoy,
Rosse

Posts: 48 | Location: SE PA, USA | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote