New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broke in the foxpro!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bought the unit last summer. Tried a couple of hunts with no luck. On our ranch we are in the midle of big chicken houses. Coyotes and bobcats usually have plenty to eat so I knew calling is tough.
This past weekend wifey and I went out to give it a try. First stand nothing around it seemed like but crows. I knew I was on the right track at least.
After about 40 minutes we move about a 1/4 mile to a spot where I have called in Bobcats and coyotes before. After ten minutes or so I am looking at the decoy/call in a big field surrounded by timber about 40 yards in front of me.
About 75 yards to my left just all of a sudden appeared just sitting on it's haunches looking at the call. I turned slowly with the sticks and rifle and put the cross-hair on the chest of ont of the biggest bobcat's I have seen. A squeeze of the trigger and he just fell backwards. The 100grain nosler partition entered the chest and exited behind the shoulders in the center of the back. Left about a nickle sized hole. It was a big tom. I laid a tape measure on top of it's head between the ears and went to the end of the tail. It was 33 inches. Got the scales and it weighed 30 lbs. I know they come bigger but I was very happy for the first kill with the fox-pro.
My cousin wanted it for a full body mount in his new house. I think in my career it was my fifth cat.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 599 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That is a very big bobcat!

Now......about the photos????

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No pictures. That is going to be one of my new year resolution. Learn how to take the card out of the camera and e-mail the picture.
Okie

Posts: 599 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the bobcat! What kind of foxpro caller was it?

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is the fx 3.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats!Thats a pretty big Bob.Just curious why you chose the Partition.First I've heard of anyone using them for such critters.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No real reason other than I like them. I know there are more accurate bullets for varmints but they don't blow a big hole in small critters. Wife usually shoots her deer with it and since we were at the farm for a week I used it as I forgot my 222 at the house. It was the 6mm or my 270 win or my 300 weatherby. Sometime ya just don't have room for all you want to take on a hunting trip.