THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    West Texas Weekend Predator Hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Weekend Predator Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Two of my buddies and I headed to west Texas this past weekend to call predators at night. We hunted both Friday and Saturday nights. We ended up with 4 fox, 2 coons, and 5 rattlesnakes.

I got 2 fox, 2 coons, and 2 rattlers. We saw more rattlers this weekend than I have seen in the past two years while hunting.

Here is one of the grey foxes and a coon. I called them both in on the same set and shot them 10 yards from each other.

This is one of the rattlers I shot.

I also found this guy near our camp. He is still wandering around out there.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In order of pics: good shootin', wow nice snake and holy **** I would jump out of my skin!! We don't have any spiders like that in northwest Ohio.

Butch

Posts: 62 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 05 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob in Tx: Congratulations on the great shoot and thanks for the pictures and posting!
It was just a year ago (August 22, 2,005) that I suffered a Rattlesnake bite here in SW Montana!
In case you have any ambiguity what so ever - YOU DON'T WANT TO GET BIT BY A RATTLER!
At all costs avoid that indignity!
As far as that spider I can imagine that would be a nasty biter as well!
Good for you on the Grey Fox and the other Varmints!
Is that a cell phone in your pocket or is that an electronic remote control for a caller?
By the way what calibers did you guys use and what calls?
Thanks again!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
That is a radio.....

We used a Psycho Tweety hand call, lip squeaking, and a Minaska Bandit e-caller. I shoot a 22-250 and my two buds were using .223's.

I am glad you recovered from the snake bite. They are nothing to take casually for sure!!

Good Hunting,

Bob

Psycho Tweety

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob in Tx.

Have had two tarantulas such as in your pix. Found both at deer camp. The last one I found I kept for right at 5 years. The perfect pet. I kept it in an old aquarium. It wows kids and adults. I only gave it water once a month when I fed it a dozen crickets (cost $0.70 at Petco). Never had to clean the aquarium in 5 years. It did not bark, it did not care whether I gave it attention. Whats not to like?
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Waffen
posted Hide Post
Very nice pics there!

That rattler looks nice but you'd have to hold a gun to my head for me to pick one up. Dead or not, screw that!

As for tarantulas eh they are nothing to be worried about. I kept one for a pet from about 10-13. Great pet thats for sure. You could let it crawl all over you and it woudn't bite for anything. They look a lot meaner than they really are.

I use to see them all over the roads before a thunderstorm.

Posts: 182 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote