New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 hornets rifles
 Login/Join

<Chuck from arkansaw>
posted
Cal, you won't thank me when you get your C.Z. hornet. New C.Z. owners spend half their time patting themselves on the back for buying such a superb little shooter, and the other half kicking themselves in the back side for not getting one sooner. Leaves little range time and causes lots of sore muscles.

My lux exploded every hornet myth I have ever read. It is accurate, easy to load for, and easy on cases. My favorite load is 11.5 gr. of H110, Rem. case neck sized, CCI small rifle primer, and 35 or 40 gr. V-Max. The 40 grain is the best all around bullet. I have heard some complain about wide shot to shot velocity varyiation. I don't care as long as shot to shot POI remains the same. Get the C.Z. and enjoy making shots like your friend did.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Not 2400, but my gopher/prairie dog bustin' load is the 35 VMAX and 12gr. of IMR4227. Out of the 20" tube on my 77/22, I get about 2850fps.

12 grs of 4227 needs to be vibrated down to below the case mouth, as that much forms a slight crown that doesn't work too well for getting that little bitty bullets started properly!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PJ thank;s heard alot about lil gun what other loads have you done for the hornet; and have you tried any heavey bullits ??

Posts: 69 | Location: great britain | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve Jones-
The only loads I have tried are with Lil Gun and the 35 Gr. V-MAX. I tried loads from 12.8 to 14 Grains with 13 being the most accurate in my rifle. I tried to load the 40 Gr. V-MAX (which I use in my .223 Ruger #1) but the OAL was too long for the magazine.
Pete

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PJ thanks for that ,i also had that problem when using hornady 45g+50g bullits. i got round that problem by making a new spacer for the cz mag,but i still can,t get the 50g to group well at all ? steve

Posts: 69 | Location: great britain | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote