New
Find
Notify
Tools

Varmintguy - you out there?
 Login/Join

posted
I haven't seen any posts for some time.

I was wondering if a rattlesnake got you, or if you are busy interviewing gophers down in SW Montana.

Missing the updates and tales of trades is all,

regards,

Matt in Lolo, aka shortside

Squeeze dang-it!

Posts: 33 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 16 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sadly VG was banned - for cussing to much

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
I miss his colorful posts, reports, and gun buying adventures.

Long live VG!

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't miss his arrogance, self-righteousness, bullying and general intolerance. Quite frankly, I found him rude, inconsiderate and boorish.

Posts: 128 | Location: Rio Arriba County, NM | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keithv35:

Long live VG!

He brought a wealth of information and I am sure he is not the only one to use colorful language on this web site.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Nah! It was pure arbitrariness got him banned.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
None of my business, but are you guys sure you wanna start this one again?

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the good news & the bad news about Varmint Guy:

the good news, he was a masterful story teller, had a wealth of knowledge and shared it.

the bad news, he was a bit less than tactful with those he disagreed with...and vulgar in that response.

It is a shame we could not get a "born again" version.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
FrownerSomeone once or more than once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say about someone don't say any thing. I guess I have nothing to say about Varmint Guy! Choke-choke.. shockerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's too bad VG is banned! Was wondering why I haven't seen any posts for weeks.

I had one minor feud with him, as most people likely did too.

At the end of the day though, he was the biggest contributer to this forum, shared his knowledge generously, and as Sharpshooter said, "was a masterful storyteller".

Sad loss, what a shame.

GordM

Posts: 76 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree he was a big loss great stories and knowledge.We still have bigger ass holes than him just doing it in a more subtle way.I think we may have some thin skinned members on some of our forums who cant accept the fact that disagreement and debate is healthy and make us re-think some of our beliefs.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swede44mag:
quote:
Originally posted by keithv35:

Long live VG!

He brought a wealth of information and I am sure he is not the only one to use colorful language on this web site.
Yes, too bad indeed. VarmintGuy and I went ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND about the 17HMW (17 Hornady Magnum WASTE OF MONEY) VS. 22 Mag for several weeks, a few years back...

All in good fun, though. Wink

I may change my moniker:

Hold into the wind, VarmintGuy!

---Mike

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Kind of like that appeals officer(feminine) I dealt with one time in an employee firing case. She avowed she had special insight into employer/employee relations due to working during college in a rare book store in Boston.She was totally clueless why mgmt. fired a shipfitter helper who punched out a general foreman who denied a leave request as he opened the restroom stall door. Reinstated the guy, she did. I've always hoped that when a thug shot someone leaving a bar in a sleazy Boston neighborhood, she would take it in the guts. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
How disapointing I really enjoyed his posts. Are we not all grown ups on here? I hear more cussing in 2 hours on the CB than I have ever read on here. Bullshit I say! HOLD INTO THE WIND! boohoo

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW... VG is posting at the BR forum.

I know what you`re thinking,...did he fire six shots, or only five?

Posts: 116 | Location: Finger Lakes, New York, | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quite selfishly, I'd like to see Varmintguy reinvent himself here, as he was one I relied upon to keep me up-to-date in varmint-hunting. His passions ran high but there was much I enjoyed.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
VG wasn't banned for cussing. I believe you could say he had a serious difference of opinion with Saeed.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
I wonder, did the poster who started the whole ruckus ever rejoin the forum after his vacation ended?

lc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, he thought this was his forum, not Saeeds...ever wonder why this is the biggest free access forum? Varmint Guy was not sending the PIK or pumping platforms money in. Nobody is bigger than the owner, and contrary to some stated opinions here vulgarity and gratuitous profanity are not the signs of a superior intellect. It's why this country is drifting towards third world status, no moral values...can you say Bill Klinton?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
yeah, he thought this was his forum, not Saeeds...ever wonder why this is the biggest free access forum? Varmint Guy was not sending the PIK or pumping platforms money in. Nobody is bigger than the owner, and contrary to some stated opinions here vulgarity and gratuitous profanity are not the signs of a superior intellect. It's why this country is drifting towards third world status, no moral values...can you say Bill Klinton?Rich
DRSS

I agree with you 100%. You're right Kilton is no shining star to anyone when it comes to moral values but lets throw GWB in that pot of stew also. Sending our kids to be killed for some really obscure reason is paramount to murder. hijack Oh! I do not miss VG potty mouth. horseroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
Sending our kids to be killed for some really obscure reason is paramount to murder.

"His regime threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region, and the security of all the rest of us.

What if he fails to comply, and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made?

Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction.

And some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."

President Clinton
Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff
February 17, 1998
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear Mr. President: ... We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraq sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."

Sincerely,

Carl Levin, Joe Lieberman, Frank R. Lautenberg, Dick Lugar, Kit Bond, Jon Kyl, Chris Dodd, John McCain, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Alfonse D'Amato, Bob Kerrey, Pete V. Domenici, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Mikulski, Thomas Daschle, John Breaux, Tim Johnson, Daniel K. Inouye, Arlen Specter, James Inhofe, Strom Thurmond, Mary L. Landrieu, Wendell Ford, John Kerry, Chuck Grassley, Jesse Helms, Rick Santorum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Letter to President Clinton
Signed by Senators Tom Daschle, John Kerry and others
October 9, 1998
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Statement on US Led Military Strike Against Iraq
December 16, 1998
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons. There's no question about that."

During an interview on "Meet The Press"
November 17, 2002
"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."

Addressing the US Senate
October 10, 2002
"In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now -- a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction ready to use them or provide them to terrorists, drug traffickers or organized criminals who travel the world among us unnoticed.

If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow by the knowledge that they can act with impunity, even in the face of a clear message from the United Nations Security Council and clear evidence of a weapons of mass destruction program."

President Clinton
Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff
February 17, 1998
"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

Former President Clinton
During an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live"
July 22, 2003

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't weigh in on if someone should be banned or not, it is not my decision to make so my opinion doesn't matter.

I've only seen a few people banned from this site and just the use of obscene (opinion) language never got anyone banned. The few people that I have paid any attention to who were banned were banned for attacking other people on the board with abusive language, name calling, extreme lack of respect or continuing and systematic disruption of the boards in carrying out their own private agenda.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
The few people that I have paid any attention to who were banned were banned for attacking other people on the board with abusive language, name calling, extreme lack of respect or continuing and systematic disruption of the boards in carrying out their own private agenda.

Well, Frank, I think that pretty near catagorizes VG nicely. shockerroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STP:
FWIW... VG is posting at the BR forum.

Yup he's there. Still good information and kicking butt on us Savage owners. LOL horse Guess I have to admit I find little fondle factor in a new bolt
action rifle. Been know to stroke my Russia sweet heart Mod 44 or cuddle my K31
swiss miss but rem 700 or a Savage 112 for shooting. mgun beer

Life but a knife edge anyway.Sooner or later the man slips and gets cut.
YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote