New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick trip P-dog shooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took a soldier, just back from Afganistan out p-dog shooting this afternoon. We spent a little time sighting in his new rifle ( 17 HMR) and headed to the town. This town has not been shot much at all and the 17 would have worked great on a calm day but we were bucking a 20 mph wind most of the time. He got in some good shooting and had a ball doing it. The babies are just getting out and they sure are dumb. Made for some good shooting on them. I had 1 mishap with the rifle I was using. A 223 on a Rem 700 action. I had the safty on and was on target. When I fliped the safety off, it discharged. I've heard of this problem but had never expierenced it myself. It was quite a shock. Other than that, the rifle worked great. No real long shots today, about 175 yds. with the 223 and 125 with the 17's. My friend had a good time and thats what I wanted for the day.

Posts: 197 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Good on you, Mike.

I had the same type of plan for today with Trophy-wife but rain and 40mph gusts have us indoors.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I lived where I could "run out for an afternoon of Pdog shooting", I doubt that I'd be able to hold down a job. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
If I lived where I could "run out for an afternoon of Pdog shooting", I doubt that I'd be able to hold down a job. Smiler

I know, it's addictive. We have lots of P-dogs around here and I don't have to travel far to get into a town. I'm afraid I would be the same as you if I lived in hog country. I've only gone once and had a blast. Can't wait to do it again.

Posts: 197 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote