Find
Notify
Tools

electronic call's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted
What electronic coyote call's seem to work the best? (brand)

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Around this next of the woods people seem to like Foxpro.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I have had a Johnny Stewart for years and it works well. I added a long extension cord to it so I can place the speaker about 50 feet in front of me. If I was buying now, I would look to one of the remote operated ones.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a JS for 20 years plus, actually wore one out and am on the second. Also use a fox pro. Both have their advantages and both work well. I do like the volume of the JS for open country coyotes better than the fox pro. The remote on the fox pro is great though.
Take your pick.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Any of the good electronic callers will call predators. FOXPRO and Minaska are currently leading the pack for function, features, ease of use, and value. I have called with the old JS tape unit (still have it), Foxpro's, Minaska, Wildlife Tech., Burnham Bros., Loudmouth, and Western Rivers. I am currently using FOXPRO.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
I have used the Wildlife Technology, but am a BIG fan of Minaska now.

With my set up I just use Minaska amplifier and horn and run all my calls off an ipod, very light and fantasticaly loud. If I had the money I would love a Minaska remote caller.

Does anybody have any plans on making a moving decoy, but not a kids remote car with fur stuck on it - my requirements are good movement, low weight and low noise?

Cheers

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Wildlife Technologies has been a great caller for me. Coyote, fox, bobcat,& mt. lion. I have not used the new WT unit. Between Fox Pro and Minasks, I think it is close. From my researchh, I like the battery system on the Minaska better. Minaska's new unit is coming out now; more power if you like that sort of thing. Personally, I believe that most units have plenty of power. I am more interested in the speaker and the battery. This is a great time to do your research. Good hunting!

Venado

Posts: 33 | Location: Dana Point, CA | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
Thank's for the info guy's, up here in Ontario it is hard to find a good selection of electronic's. I probably will be getting one from the U.S. Just off the topic a bit, but i found a source of getting a bear, just hang up bird feeder's, mine have been hit twice in last week. How's that cancellation of the spring bear hunt work'n. Bunch of political IDIOT'S for M.N.R. ministry. Thank's again for info. Rick.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote