THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Ground Squills vs Win 46 gr HP: Win 1 Squills 0

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ground Squills vs Win 46 gr HP: Win 1 Squills 0
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Loaded up a 100 rounds of this bullet with 14.5 grains of Blue Dot powder. Velocity is approximately 3200 fps.

I had the Winchester 46 grain HPs just sitting around for Lord knows how long. So I thought I would get rid of them by shooting them up.

What a pleasant surprise I got with this combo in the field.

Rifle was a Remington VSS, and to 300 yds, this round was deadly!

As far as performance, it turned each squirrel hit INSIDE OUT and sent them whirling like a helicopter about 2 to 4 feet in the air!

Going to have an order placed to Midway tomorrow for a 1,000 of these for starters. A Ruger only did mediocre with them, but the Remington sure loved them. I love the performance it gave on target!!!

The Coyotes around Bonanza Oregon will eat hardy tonight!

Cheers and Good shooting,
Seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What caliber?

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Madison,

It was in a 223,

Remington 700 VSS.

Is accuracy and terminal performance sure surprised the pants off of me.

Think the post should have been Win 46 Gr Hp: 99, squirrels 0

Cheers and good shooting.
Seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote