New
Find
Notify
Tools

221 rem clasic
 Login/Join

<buc>
posted
waiting on 221 rem clasic,anyone have one? have all dies and scope mts rings ect , 2003 clasic will be out soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up last Friday, but schedule has kept me from shooting. Nice wood, atrocious lawyer trigger (6-8lbs I'm guessing).
Have shot a Fireball for 10+ years, so just need to find the load this one likes.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, we have Remington M700 Classic in 221 Fireball in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Posts: 53 | Location: Grand Junction, CO USA | Registered: 13 March 2002Reply With Quote
<varminter>
posted
I put my order in for one in March, and I'm still waiting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Buc: I just picked mine up out in Washington State on Monday of this week. It has dark pleasing wood and pretty good fit wood to metal. The trigger is heavy but crisp and no creep. Will work on that. I have other Classics (all with Leupold 4X12 scopes on them) now in calibers 17 Remington, 222 Remington, 223 Remington and 7mm Magnum. They all shoot very well indeed. I will have my 221 Classic up and firing in a couple of weeks as the Antelope season opens this weekend. I will use the Leupold 4X12 I have on hand for this Classic also. I like the one piece Leupold bases and medium rings. Redding dies and Nosler 40 grain Ballistic Tips along with Sierra 50 grain Blitz bullets all ready to go here!
Good luck with your Fireballs guys!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Happy Day!!!

I fired my new Remington M700 Classic in 221 Fireball for the first time today. I am happy to report it shoots really well, with factory ammo no less.

Posts: 53 | Location: Grand Junction, CO USA | Registered: 13 March 2002Reply With Quote
<buc>
posted
picked up 221 last night metal and wood look nice for fatory piece, wood fit needs work as barrel chanel touching ,i,am sending to charley at score high for clean up lugs,bedding,crown,triger ,ect. anyone have pet load with 40gr.?

<JBelk>
posted
buc--

I have a Sako Rhimakii in Fireball thats shot over 5,000 rounds of 40gr NBT over 22/Re7, Rem sm rifle match primers. It still shoots fraction of a minute of groundsquirrel. (I've quit shooting at paper.)

<CatShooter>
posted
I picked up mine four days ago (after a 3 month wait).

I've glass bedded the receiver, floated the barrel, done the trigger to 35 oz, and mounted a Leupold 6x42 Tac scope on it.

I have made up loads with the 40gr Sierra Blitz king, and the 40gr V-Max w/ H4198SC and AA-1680... I should get to shoot it in a few days.

CatShooter.

[ 11-09-2002, 03:10: Message edited by: CatShooter ]

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Local shop had one on the rack last Wednesday. Is there a "shortage"?

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For me, a good load for 40gr V-Max pills is 18.5 gr of AA1680, but I also have used RE7 and H322; can't get too much of those in the case! Another shooter here has been using AA2200.
I always use Rem 7 1/2's to light it off.

My Classic likes the 1680 loads, but is not extracting properly. Drops the hull early, regardless of speed of stroke. Just have to find time to check the extractor, and determine if a trip back to Remington is in order.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote