Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6mm/284 Accuracy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of British
posted
5 shots? I only see three holes . Any chance of some info on the rig you're using?

Well done btw.

Posts: 325 | Location: Essex, UK | Registered: 12 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice group. I am interested in your rig also, what's the barrel and the twist?

Jim

Posts: 70 | Location: Altus, OK | Registered: 18 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My rifle is a blueprinted Remington 700 BDL short action, in a HS Precision Varmint stock (soon to be Choate Ultimate Varmint).

I replaced the Remington trigger with a Rifle Basix ERV-3(4oz to 1 & 1/4 pound). Man, is it one sweet trigger.

Barrel is a 30 inch Pac Nor Stainless Super Match, 3 groove 1:10 twist, 6 flutes. I had the barrel fitted to the receiver with a Hollands Competition Recoil lug.

I just got back from the range. 56.8 grs H1000 gives me 3504 fps, with a SD of 9fps.

I tried 51 gr's of H4350 - 3615 fps and about the same level of accuracy.

Regards,

Michael.

Posts: 20 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
wildcat284,

The Choate Ultimate Varmint might be a big disappointment to you.

I've never known anyone to buy one and keep it for long.

Heavy and unwieldy.

I've shot rifles with them on and wouldn't give a plug nickel for one.

If you were in the US I'd be trying to buy your HS stock as would many others here. <hint>

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
LD Hunter,

Received the Choate Ultimate Varmint stock today in the mail. I'm actually very pleased with it. I'll agree with you that its heavy, but the balance is great (rifle has a 30 inch barrel). I don't actually mind carrying the little bit extra weight over my HS Precision stock. Anyway, my rifle was designed as a lie down long range varmint rig, and the pistol grip stock and adjustable cheek piece mske this rifle more comfortable to shoot than my HS Precision.

Cheers,

Michael.

Posts: 20 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Wildcat,

Hope you like it... We want a "full report"... Big Grin

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
LD,

My HS Precision stock will be for sale soon if you are interested.

Michael.