New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converting a CD caller to MP3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone ever convert a CD style caller to an MP3 type? I have a Dennis Kirk with a power pack/ amplifier. It has a "sound in" jack. I was wondering is I can mate up the jack or improvise here to convert this. Any sounds that can be down loaded? Looking for all and any help.
S

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Shamus, you should be able to go to just about any electronics store, Radio Shack being one and get a patch cord from your MP3 to connect to the "sound in" input jack on the caller.

Basically it is the same as a set of headphones except it has a male end that fits the "headphone jack" on the mp3 player and a male end that fits the input jack on the caller on the other.

There is a "commercial" electronics store in Eugene called Norvac that sells this type of stuff at about 60% of the price of Radio Shack, or even less. I only buy from Radio Shack when I can't get it at Norvac.
There is probably a store like this near you.

As for downloads there are many places to get them if you Google "Animal Sounds downloads."

Hope this helps.

---Mike

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote