THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Savage model 10FP-LE2B - McMillan Stock

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage model 10FP-LE2B - McMillan Stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anoone here own this rifle?

It is not availiable here, I would have liked to buy one as an out of the box sniper.

At the moment I am looking into getting the A-2 stock from McMillan and fitting it to a Sako action and barrel.

Can anyone here provide any information about the A-2 stock?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Express,
Hi, I have a Savage 10fp.Mine came plain and is just a heavy bbled 110. Mine says Tactical on the bolt. It is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It wears a 32x scope and I bought it for the hell of it one day. I bought 30 boxes of high brow ammo with it.
The nice ammo shot like dog crap. So I bought a rockchucker and all the fixins. My first 20 rounds I loaded with 155gr A-max outshot $35 boxes of ammo. I shoot it across a bean field in serious wind. I get less than an inch at 300 reliably.
Alot of shooters with more years behind the trigger than I have being alive doubt that it can be done.But then they dont Know Jerryboy either LOL. The only difference in the Tactical and the LE version is a cheesy bipod and a supercheese scope. You wont be disappointed in one (110 Hbar)that's for sure. jerryboy

[ 06-28-2003, 12:32: Message edited by: jerryboy ]

Posts: 8 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
JerryBoy is right.

The 10fp is probably the most accurate factory rifle you can buy out of the box. Be sure to get the AccuTrigger, which only comes on the fat barreled 2003 models.

I have a 10fp in 223 and 25-06 and both are consistently under half moa right out of the box with my handloads.

Wholesale is only $399 and you can get one on the auction sites for around $450-$465 plus shipping.

By the way.... I owned and shot Remingtons for over 30 years and finally gave up on their rifles... Their quality and accuracy has slipped so badly in the last 10 years that Savage way outstrips them now (in the accuracy department) and for a fraction of the cost.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote