THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: The wonderful Red X, another try......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: The wonderful Red X, another try......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of scw
posted
Stormbringer's Picture, for the masses

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Pur-dee gun.

I'm prone to elegant single shots to begin with, but accurate, elegant SS's are just too nice.

Beautiful rig sir!

Redial
aka Mark Riedl (where do you suppose that SS affinity came from?)

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stormbringer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for helping me out. What area in Utah are you in?

Mike.

Posts: 94 | Location: Fruit Heights, Utah | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
SLC, at the University about 12 hours a day

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rig, friend. How does it group? A buddy of mine bought an unfired #1, in 220 swift, for $500 from some poor guy getting divorced. When we took it to the range he fired several 3 shot groups at 100 yds in the .5 to .75 range with factory ammo and a cheap 3x9 using a chunk of 4x4 as a rest. He asked if that was good! Yes, he is new at this. I was tempted to lie and then ask if he wanted to sell it. I have suggested a custom trigger and maybe a more suitable varmint scope, carefully crafted reloads . . . .

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stormbringer
posted Hide Post
Rifle groups very well. It is a bit finiky about seating depth but shoots sub .50 groups with 87 Vmax, 55 Ballistic Tips and 70 Nosler BTHP Match. It has fired three groups under .175!

Mike.

Posts: 94 | Location: Fruit Heights, Utah | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote