THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    My 3rd groundhog of the season PICS!!!! (somewhat graphic)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 3rd groundhog of the season PICS!!!! (somewhat graphic)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys, i just thought id share a couple pics of the groundhog i shot this morning it was the third one this season and the only one i had the camera with me for. He was 187 paces and i shot him with my H&R Ultra Varmint Fluted in 243 winchester with custom ammo loaded with the 75 grn V-Max at about 3300 fps hope to have more pics of other kills soon.

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shot.. I would have assumed the V Max would have made a much bigger mess of him with a head shot than that...

bullet must have just passed right thru his head then...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey there seafire, after reading your reply i went and checked my brass from today and in fact you were right he was shot with a 100 grn corlockt bullet not a 75 grn v-max i must have had 1 100 grn corelokt left after i thought i took them all out in my pouch and grabbed that by mistake and i had about ten rounds of the 75 grn in there also, what odds, sorry about that and to whoever else read my post

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Oh the memories such sights bring. Well done and keep up the good work! Nice placement, and the right way it is.

Best

thumb

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Good job! Good shot.
What locale were you hunting?
I'm from the Harrisburg West Shore, and chuck hunted Cumberland and Perry Countys as a steady diet for years.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi DMB, im from a little town called trevorton just outside of a town sunbury its off of rt 147 north about 35 or so miles from harrisburg in northumberland county

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill23:
Hi DMB, im from a little town called trevorton just outside of a town sunbury its off of rt 147 north about 35 or so miles from harrisburg in northumberland county

Thanks,

I know where you are loacted. Looks like great chuck country up there.
Have fun hunting them this summer.

Don