THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Happy Varminter Reload Realization

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Varminter Reload Realization
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am just passing this on to you guys, in case this works in your guns also...

I have been playing with a load of 24 grains of RL 7, with a CCI Small Pistol Mag primer and a 50 grain Speer SP..

The load has been real accurate, but the good thing about it, AND ONLY USING THE CCI SMALL PISTOL MAG PRIMER is that I have not even had to resize the neck to be able to seat another bullet in it!

For the last three loadings, when I went to check the neck size for sizing or to determine if it needed full length sized.. the neck had not expanded enough to have to resize the neck even!

It is one of those funny flukes.. but if it works in your rifle... that can be a handy thing when shooting large volumes of ammo on a varmint hunt a long way from home...to facilitate reloading in the field...

Just deprime it and seat another primer..

The last instances is this has been while using Lake City brass....

The same charge and same everything else, but a different bullet... a Sierra 53 grain HP Match... those had to be neck resized...

so I am just passing on this happy anomoly to you guys in case someone can use it...

it is happening because the pressure is enough to release the bullet, but the elasticity of the neck is rebounding into shape.. because it is not being expanded that much on firing...

kinda of a neat thing in my book! clap

cheers
seafire
beer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this in the 22 Eargesplittinloudenboomer?

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eddieharren:
Is this in the 22 Eargesplittinloudenboomer?

Nein, es ist in der Zwei Zwei Drei...

Ich ware homer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote